About Thijs Otter
Thijs Otter currently works at the Inholland University of Applied Sciences (Haarlem, The Netherlands) in the Faculty of Engineering, Design and Computing as a Lecturer in the Information Technology curriculum.
He focuses on teaching (object-oriented) programming, software modeling with UML and database modeling with EER (Extended Entity Relationship) modeling.
He also teaches classes on Legal Aspects of IT, Web markup (front-end development with HTML5/CSS3) and Web development. He coordinates the eHealth and Big Data elective courses.
- CEO and founder of privately held companies Otter ICT, WebsiteWinkel, Oordopjes.nu, iPhone-Oordopjes.nl, Voizie.nl, Otter Juristen and Lutra Books (2008 - current)
- Chairman of the Board of Stichting ELBHO (Foundation for Certification of Learning Companies for Higher Education) (2016 - current)
- Attended Vrije Universiteit (Amsterdam, Netherlands), Bachelor of Laws (2008 - 2009)
- Attended Inholland University of Applied Sciences (Haarlem, Netherlands), Bachelor of Information and Communication Technology (2009 - 2013)
- Attended Open Universiteit (Heerlen, Netherlands), Master of Software Engineering (2016 - 2017)
- Attending Open Universiteit (Heerlen, Netherlands), Bachelor of Laws (2014 - current)
- Supervised 1 BSc. thesis on 'Developing a healthcare and lifestyle application'
- Assessed more than 20 BSc. theses, ranging from 'App Development' and 'Implementing Secure WebViews' to 'Developing Software for Smart TV's'
- Project lead on establishing the Inholland Health & Technology Centre: a centre of expertise within Inholland University of Applied Sciences (2015 - 2016)
- Project member on the FPG (Fonds Psychische Gezondheid / Fund for Mental Health) project for developing a health and lifestyle application for the research group Medical Technology of Inholland University of Applied Sciences (2016 - 2017)
- Masterclass 'Patents and eHealth' of the Dutch Patent Guild (2016)
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) (2016)
- Basic Qualification for Teaching Higher Education (Dutch: 'BDB: Basiskwalificatie Didactische Bekwaamheid') (2017)
- IBM / Big Data University: Certificate 'Big Data 101' (2017)